[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] More local censorship

Chris Goodrow c_goodrow at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 16:34:31 UTC 2012

I don't believe it's wrong to demonstrate against the persecution of Bradley Manning, no.  The persecution of Bradley Manning is happening, we know this. If supporters of Obama know this and still want to vote for him, this knowledge obviously won't change their opinion on him.  If there are other people who are supporters of Obama who are not aware of this, I think denying them this information just because it might be detrimental to Obama is unacceptable.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we want people informed?  Don't we want people to make their own decisions based on the information they receive?  How they parse that information is up to them. It's funny to me that people who support Obama are afraid of certain knowledge getting out because people might actually use that information and make decisions and opinions based on that. Isn't that what concerned a lot of people about Wikileaks?  That information might get out around the world about us and make decisions and have thoughts about our country based on that information? I'm one of the people who feels this information should be freely distributed and talked about.
So, are we more concerned about what the information is or the effects of people getting their hands on the information?

Chris Goodrow

(217) 898-5039