[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Protests:

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Fri Sep 7 20:27:10 UTC 2012

Rachel, the only relation I have to Ya'aqov (or to you) is as part of the local anti-war movement (which I thought included Occupy, AWARE, & SF; I may have been misled) and we were discussing business appertaining thereto.

From the ridiculous to the sublime, I'm reminded of the old remark that the fall of Christianity came when it stopped being a particular way of being concerned about the world, and became instead a particular way of being concerned about the church. As a tiny bit of farce to that tragedy, has the fall of Occupy et al. come with a particular way of being concerned about email lists?

Regards, Carl

PS - We discuss the matter a bit - more I'm afraid than it deserves - on tonight's "News from Neptune" (7pm ch. 6 and 99; see <http://urbanapublictelevision.org/livestream>), the "I've Been Thrown Out Of Better Bars Than This One" edition.