[Peace-discuss] You Are Not Allowed to Vote [Brave New Films]

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 9 00:47:24 UTC 2012

"On the eve of the 2000 elections, [polls showed that] about 75% of the electorate regarded it as a game played by rich contributors, party managers, and the PR industry, which trains candidates to project images and produce meaningless phrases that might win some votes.  Very likely, that is why the population paid little attention to the 'stolen election' that greatly exercised educated sectors.  And it is why they are likely to pay little attention to campaigns about alleged fraud in 2004 [or campaigns about disfranchisement this year]. If one is flipping a coin to pick the King, it is of no great concern if the coin is biased." [Chomsky]