[Peace-discuss] Fw: Re: Stunning Obama news

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 02:32:01 UTC 2012

For yr tho'tful consideration...

--- On Mon, 9/10/12, Adam Ruben, MoveOn.org Political Action <moveon-help at list.moveon.org> wrote:

#yiv1750884090 body, #yiv1750884090 td, #yiv1750884090 font {font-size:10pt;}
#yiv1750884090
#yiv1750884090 td p {margin:0em;}
#yiv1750884090 p {margin:1em 0em;}
#yiv1750884090 td div p {margin:1em 0em;}
#yiv1750884090
#yiv1750884090 .yiv1750884090X0uMP p {margin:1em 0;}

Hi—I wanted to make sure you saw this email I sent this weekend, in case you missed it. It's our most important program
of the election, and every dollar counts!

The New York
Times says Obama's chance of victory would be an amazing 91% if everyone who's registered actually votes this year. The
key is getting voters to the polls, and we're creating the largest independent get-out-the-vote operation in the country,
working with Workers' Voice. It could win the election for Obama. But we need to raise
$600,000 this week to make it happen. Can you help?

Chip in $5

This is stunning:
A New York Times analysis
just released calculated that if everyone who is registered to vote actually votes, President Obama has an astronomical
91% chance of winning re-election. 91%!

How? With the same huge turnout of voters we saw in 2008. But will it actually happen? "Unlikely," says
the Times.1

Well, we're going to do something about that—something big that only MoveOn can do.

We're working with Workers' Voice to create the largest independent get-out-the-vote operation in the country. There's
nothing else like it. Because no one else has our 7 million members combined with the enormous resources of the nationwide
labor movement.

Together, using incredibly sophisticated technology that I explain below, we'll boost the number of progressive voters on
Nov. 6. This could truly mean the difference between victory and defeat.

But to make it happen—to keep Romney and Ryan far away from the White House—we need to raise $600,000 this week.
Can you help?

Yes, I can contribute $5.

Around election time, you've probably seen those folks with clipboards who go door-to-door, talking to people about the candidates.
Research shows that this face-to-face communication is dramatically more effective than big-budget TV ads. It's by
far the best way to get voters to the polls.

Our approach with Workers' Voice this year uses some rocket science called real-time response targeting, enabling us not
merely to identify voters who might be undecided, but to pinpoint the people who are actually being persuaded and mobilized
by a conversation with our volunteers and then to adjust our targeting to find more voters we can persuade. One canvasser
can now do the work of five.

This is a unique opportunity, because it offers enormous bang for the buck. We'll win votes for far less than ever
before, giving the edge to President Obama and progressive candidates all over the country. Can you help us make this
happen?

Yes, I want to make a donation.

Thanks for all you do.–Adam R., Milan, Robin, Emily, and the rest of the team

Sources:

1. "Obama Would Be Big Favorite With 'Fired Up' Base," New York Times, Sept. 6, 2012.

http://www.moveon.org/r?r=280156&id=51246-10635882-7zNcmvx&t=4

Want to support our work?
                We're entirely funded by our 7 million members—no
                corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our
                tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way.
                Chip in here.

PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent on September 10, 2012.