[Peace-discuss] Fw: Important!!!

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 03:01:03 UTC 2012

Sent to family members employed in school districts outside of Chgo. Seems topical for Peace-discuss, unfortunately...

--- On Mon, 9/10/12, Jenifer Cartwright wrote:     Rahm Emanuel is a piece of shit. Yr schl districts are watching and running scared, b'lieve me, so fingers crossed things are settled quickly and well, so yr administrators don't muscle-flex or sabre-rattle to show you who's Boss... Or maybe they'll go the honey route and make nice. In any case, be ready to support yr unions and CTU IF/WHEN necessary, but don't stick yr necks out until- and unless it's necessary. If the CTU wins, yr union (all IL unions) will benefit. (Aren't you glad one of you had- and won yr nasty fight last year??)     I am sooooooo hopeful that the Chgo union prevails -- their demands -- esp that tchr evaluation NOT be tied to student performance -- are totally appropriate.       An old admin trick, waiting for schl to start when the parents really want things settled and (w/ admin help) they can be made to blame the tchrs (who often earn more than the parents do), but that
 didn't work for our district years ago (small district outside CU), and hopefully it won't work for Chgo, or for Chpgn either, for that matter.      Chgo really puts Obama on the spot, NOT the fault of the Chgo tchrs union -- they've been working on this all summer in good faith, wanting it to be resolved. Did I mention that Emanual is a piece of shit? Ditto Arnie Duncan.     Fingers crossed things are settled before Obama is forced to weigh in. If he doesn't support the Union -- he's earned pluses and minuses for union support in the past -- he will lose votes in November.      Keep watching, this is HUGE.