[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] [sf-core] Another Guantánamo prisoner death highlights Democrats' hypocrisy

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 01:45:18 UTC 2012

Ingbert, Scott, Sarah, Brook---

Thank you for your words, your support. You're right. I don't want people
to shut up--I want people to talk to each other, and frequently, but with
the aim of reaching that deep meaningful, vulnerable place--the one that
makes you feel uncomfortable, but stimulated. Ingbert, I hear you and I
agree that checking each other is an act of care that we do for people we
love and want to make community with---I want to organize here and so. My
email wasn't just directed towards those who are dominating conversation,
but all of us--myself included--to stay privy to our privilege.

You're right. I was angry. I am angry. I think it's good to be angry and it
isn't the critiques I've had trouble with. I think what Carl and others
offer are good topics of conversation, good information. It's the way it's
presented and the fast-forward towards debate that I find toxic.

Anyway, for what it's worth, thank you.

RS