[Peace-discuss] A response to the Libya affair

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 13 18:22:09 UTC 2012

This was a remark by a person after the CommonDrreams article showing U.S. warships headed for Libya.

Dear Madam Secretary Clinton,

Your foreign policy has failed. I
understand the knee jerk reaction to use force against the militia
that attacked the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi after we bombed Benghazi
in order to enable said militia to use the weapons we gave them to
bomb the Embassy in Benghazi seems like a rational response to you.
After all, “We came, we saw, he died” seemed like a rational
response to CBS news. Now it has all ended in failure. I suggest a
serious refocus of our foreign policy.

Please remove all of our CIA
agents, Mercs and JSOC forces from Syria, Libya, Yemen, Iran and
wherever else they happen to be. Don't worry, we have plenty of work
for them to do. It is time to unleash these brave American warriors
on the real terrorists. I propose that they immediately be deployed
to the Cayman Islands, the Isle of Jersey, the City of London, oh and
of course Wall Street. Accompanying them should be an equal force of
accountants and IT personnel. This combined strike team can then
find all the dirty money of the drug dealers, the arms merchants, the
slave traders and the millionaires and billionaires who stash their
ill gotten gains and avoid taxes. After a thorough investigation,
our brave soldiers can then arrest and prosecute (by military
tribunal) all of the above terrorists. I understand this will take a
lot of political will and will piss off Israel. To keep the Mossad
from airing whatever dirty laundry they have on you, let's invade
Israel while we are at it. We can then use the confiscated funding
to build solar panels and wind mills creating jobs in America and
ensure peace in the Arab world. Let's turn Jerusalem into the Three
Religion Theme Park to boot and charge a bundle for admission. Just a few
thoughts.

Yours

Uncle Po