[Peace-discuss] The War on Drugs, on FOCUS: Tue 4/9, 10AM- "The House I Live In" - Eugene Jarecki on WILL-AM's; and 1pm online screening of this film on the war on drugs

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 10:09:46 UTC 2013

C-U Citizens for Peace and Justice showed this film recently.  This
morning we have a chance to hear from and speak with its creator:

10:00 AM Tuesday, April 9, on WILL-AM radio (580 kHz)'s FOCUS hour-long
call-in interview:
*The House I Live In*

This hour on Focus, host Jim Meadows talks with *Eugene Jarecki,*
writer, producer and director for the documentary /The House I Live In/.
Winner of the Grand Jury Prize at the Sundance Film Festival, /The House
I Live In/ is filmed in more than 20 states and captures heart-wrenching
*stories from those on the front lines of the U.S.'s war on drugs* ---
from the dealer to the grieving mother, the narcotics officer to the
senator, the inmate to the federal judge --- and offers a penetrating
look at the profound human rights implications of America's longest war.

*If you haven't seen the film, join us at 1 p.m. Tuesday afternoon for
an online screening* of The House I Live In with a discussion to follow.

Watch the film and join our continued conversation after the show here.
<http://bit.ly/12gbAL6>
http://bit.ly/12gbAL6 <http://bit.ly/12gbAL6>