[Peace-discuss] Fw: [IllinoisSinglePayer] Fwd: Join Robin April 20 to demand Obama TAX WALL STREET

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 18 02:28:44 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Anne Scheetz
To: illinois single payer coalition ; chispan steer ; movetobetterhealthcare ; GPChicago at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:09 AM
Subject: [IllinoisSinglePayer] Fwd: Join Robin April 20 to demand Obama TAX WALL STREET

Comment:

We don't need the Robin Hood Tax in order to fund health care--if we get rid of the health insurance industry we have plenty of money to take care of the health care needs of every person in the country.

Single-payer organizations support the movement for a Robin Hood Tax because it will help to redress the severe mal-distribution of wealth in this country, and because we recognize that social determinants of health are even more important for health than the health care system itself.

The Robin Hood Tax plus Medicare for all for life (as Donna Smith now calls it) would make an enormous contribution toward improving the health and well-being of all of us.

Anne