[Peace-discuss] AWARE on the Air - "Death of the Liberal Class"

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Tue Apr 30 01:03:21 UTC 2013

"AWARE on the Air" is seen Tuesdays at 10pm CDT on Urbana Public Television (channels 6 & 99 in C-U and livestreaming at <urbanapublictelvison.org>).

This week's program - 30 April 2013 - features "Obey," a film based on Chris Hedges' book "Death of the Liberal Class" (2010).

"In February 2013, British filmmaker Temujin Doran released his film 'Obey,' a movie based on “Death of the Liberal Class”. Doran says the film 'charts the rise of the Corporate State, and examines the future of obedience in a world of unfettered capitalism, globalisation, staggering inequality and environmental change.' The film is made 'entirely out of footage found on the web.'"

Owing to the length of the film, we will not be recording our usual local commentary this Tuesday.

If you wish to comment on the film, use the Facebook page for "AWARE of Champaign Urbana Illinois" - or email me at the address above.

We'll report on the comments received on next week's program.

--CGE