[Peace-discuss] "America exported its homicidal neuroses and called it war"

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Sat Aug 10 16:08:37 UTC 2013

Roger--

I think you're right about Manning's being a "manipulator of public opinion" - just the way the White Rose wished to manipulate public opinion in wartime Germany.

And I think the Obama administration appreciates that - and fears it: that's why they have so egregiously violated US law to silence him, now by staging a trial that would have embarrassed the Nazi government. (See the 2005 film "Sophie Scholl.")

I'm also happy to hear that you think Daniel Ellsberg is a hero; he of course says that Manning is, too.

In years to come (if there are any) we'll look back on Manning, Assange, and Snowden as heroes like Ellsberg - and Obama, Clinton, and Holder as criminals; if there's any justice in this world, the latter will be finishing up long terms in prison...

Regards, CGE