[Peace-discuss] Jewish Voice for Peace: Kerry must stand against settlements

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Aug 14 14:51:24 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rabbi Alissa Wise, Jewish Voice for Peace <
info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Subject: Secretary Kerry: prove you're serious
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

    [image: Jewish Voice for
Peace]<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=LVt2jz%2BQaTY24eVukRmIRaayhnioEf6G>

   *

Secretary Kerry: this is not what a peace process looks
like<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OuHjIu9Kbepik8ZVn9UOFpAa6k7AG1KJ>

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=RzTqTC8Oq7%2FDpQXBzxXbD6ayhnioEf6G>
*

 *Click here to tell him now!*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=iADhU7sNkQsajujkRNRt06ayhnioEf6G>
* *

  Dear Robert,

Today for the first time in years, Israeli and Palestinian negotiators are
sitting down for formal peace talks.

Like you, we're monitoring these developments carefully.

And we're distressed that on the eve of talks, Israel announced 1,200 new
illegal settlements - continuing a pattern of talking-while-building that
stretches all the way back to Oslo.

*So we've launched a new petition to hold Kerry accountable, and we need
your help to move
fast.<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sc1hEV%2FJSB5HinHIHCkvLpAa6k7AG1KJ>
*

Secretary John Kerry has offered a deeply cynical response: instead of
reminding Israeli officials they are on the wrong side of international
law, he asked Palestinians not to "adversely respond."

That doesn't sound exactly like an impartial broker to us.

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lPt7uoOM2U3g1YHZadTxDKayhnioEf6G>
*Help us reach 10,000 signatures telling Secretary Kerry he needs to **demand
that Israel cease settlement expansion immediately and **prove he's serious
about a real peace process.*

If Kerry won't take a strong stand against settlements, there's no reason
to believe that this round of peace talks are credible. In fact, pressuring
Palestinians to make "hard compromises" while giving Israel a free pass to
violate international law makes things worse.

*Click here today: tell John Kerry to prove he's serious about this process
by taking a strong stand against settlement
expansion.<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9dr%2BGKYgSoo0mF2XEkWMm6ayhnioEf6G>
*

We all want peace - the kind that's just, legitimate, and lasting.

Sincerely,

Rabbi Alissa Wise
Director of Campaigns

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8uEFuQkV4fmbCCciASDYL6ayhnioEf6G>
 <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=s0QGhFW%2FNnOwa7nCHPVIipAa6k7AG1KJ>

   - Become a <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=JwaZycCDgjz5cM207WC5Q6ayhnioEf6G>
   *2013 JVP member*<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Lf0onqUY1McipVWlZ7fClKayhnioEf6G>
   !
   - Inspired by what we're doing? *Please donate
now.*<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OuHjIu9Kbeq4oc%2BpCegxfZAa6k7AG1KJ>
Every
   donation makes a difference.
   - Subscribe to our blog
*Muzzlewatch*<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Ox3G7NILpawLMOj%2BSHpI5aayhnioEf6G>
   .
   - Subscribe to our blog *The Only
Democracy?*<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9dr%2BGKYgSorTCqW2r6%2BtBqayhnioEf6G>
   - *Click here to unsubscribe from our
emails.*<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rnPbe5wBbPTAyETV9fF%2FTZAa6k7AG1KJ>
   - Contact us directly at Jewish Voice for Peace. 1611 Telegraph Avenue,
   Suite 550. Oakland, CA 94612 510-465-1777 info at jvp.org

**
[image: empowered by Salsa] <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>

--