[Peace-discuss] Banality of Evil

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Sun Aug 25 01:15:45 UTC 2013

On 08/25/13 6:30, Karen Aram wrote:
> In reference to some of our discussions at the Market this morning
> related to the film and writings of Hannah Arendt, and her "banality
> of evil" I attach the below. I consider not Adolph Eichmann, but many
> here in the US, myself included, as the banality of evil, when viewing
> through the eyes of many elsewhere in the world. We drive our SUV's,
> feed our pets better food than some people receive, shop until we
> drop, consuming resources that cannot be replaced, and allowing wars
> and killings to take place in the name of "self defense".

I would agree that after you have made certain that the last human
is ok, then you take care of the first dog, but my attitude is angering
to some.

I consider Eichmann to be a scapegoat, much like Bin Laden and Michael Vick.

Having said that humans are so much more valuable that dogs
[worst human >> best dog], now I must say that there is great
evil possible in the action of masses of human.  Alone an
individual can do relatively little evil.

Scapegoats provide the hoi polloi a focus upon which to fix the
pointless banality of their
useless lives of vanity.