[Peace-discuss] Who stands most for all our well being and suffers most - the Indigenous?

George Hardebeck geo8arche at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 23:01:03 UTC 2013

"As the Global Witness study reveals, citizens are often killed, too -
especially if they're poor and indigenous." shares David Suzuki from his
foundation newsletter.
It seems noteworthy that, of the 711 environmentalists killed in the last
decade (not to mention those harassed and incarcerated), most of these are
'poor and indigenous', and so most vulnerable, where injustice can be most
easily hidden. Who is doing the hard, life and livelihood threatening work
for the planet, being most overlooked and harmed, by first world desires,
methods and culture, here also - as it has been for some time? Why
reconcile with our elders and hosts, and stand with them?

George Hardebeck
See link to Global Witness study presenter at Rio in June of 2012:
http://www.globalwitness.org/library/survey-finds-sharp-rise-killings-over-land-and-forests-rio-talks-open?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRokua3PZKXonjHpfsX94%2BwqW7Hr08Yy0EZ5VunJEUWy2oY