[Peace-discuss] Political science as propaganda

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Sun Feb 3 03:59:20 UTC 2013

And how does this differ from what most academics do and have done since WWII and before?  What makes political science, political scientists, or social scientists differ from any other academic including physical scientists and engineers, business administration types, educators, or even fine arts types who have generally bought into the established positions and viewpoints and used their positions, credentials, authority, and work to legitimate and support  established policies, ideologies, and practices?  Why not point out that this particular  interview is but merely of an example of what is generally the case for what most academics do, think, support, and reinforce without any serious question or analysis.   You might also note that this is the sort of interview that journalist tend to also accept without any critical analysis or questioning as either unproblematic truths or non-extreme borderline opinions.