[Peace-discuss] [Peace] report back from the AWARE demonstration yesterday afternoon

ya'aQov yaaqovz at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:48:29 UTC 2013

*I am compiling your answers, thank you all. *
*
*
*The mother who replied 'My son is in the Army, so I can't be anti-war' is
one of those the demo was intended for. Sure, it's easy to preach to the
choir, come up with wonderful retorts to those thinking like us (and, force
of habit, maybe no longer thinking about these issues) in the comfort of
eMail. *
*
*
*I'm not sure the intent is to demo to someone s/he is stupid, rather, prod
some thinking, second thoughts. *
*
*
*The whole exercise is so we go to demo, and prod thoughtful conversations
in the space of seconds. For people telling us via slogans how to think
better, we can watch TV at home. *