[Peace-discuss] Peace Action West: Tell Rodney Davis to Cut the Pentagon Budget

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Feb 7 20:03:47 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rebecca Griffin, Peace Action West <alerts at peaceactionwest.org>
Date: Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Subject: Fwd: Take a chunk out of the Pentagon
To: Robert Naiman <naiman at justforeignpolicy.org>

   Dear Robert,
*While Pentagon spokespeople are all over the media spreading fear about
cuts to their budget, domestic agencies have been fighting with their hands
tied behind their backs.*

Politico reported this week that domestic agencies are under a “gag order”
from the White House preventing them from talking about the impact of
imminent spending cuts. [1] The press is constantly reporting false
statements about the risk of the US becoming a “second-rate power” and our
military becoming a “hollow force,” while the people trying to save our
parks, schools, and roads are forced to stay silent.

*There’s no gag order on you. Please tell your representatives to support
significant Pentagon spending
cuts.<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/LRCUSQQNKO/9232049631>
* <http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/OBZQSQQNKP/9232049631>

Thank you for taking action.

Rebecca Griffin, Political Director, Peace Action West

***I don't want weapons contractors to be the only voice on Capitol Hill. *

*Tell your representative and senators to support significant cuts to
Pentagon spending.*<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/FEKKSQQNKQ/9232049631>
* <http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/MTAZSQQNKR/9232049631>
*
* <http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/MHLHSQQNKS/9232049631>
*
Dear Robert,

If Congress doesn't break its stalemate by March 1st, automatic spending
cuts will kick in.

*I was just on Capitol Hill talking to congressional staff, and it’s clear
they need to hear more support for slashing the Pentagon budget. Take
action now to call for significant reductions in wasteful Pentagon
spending.<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/FUNBSQQNKT/9232049631>
* <http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/HWCWSQQNKU/9232049631>

While weapons company CEOs complain about how many jobs will be lost if we
cut Pentagon spending, they somehow find millions of dollars to lobby
Congress to preserve their tax dollar payday.

*Our three-person team spent a week racing around Capitol Hill so we could
represent your voice for common sense cuts to Pentagon spending. Now we
need you to back us up, so we can drown out the weapons
contractors.<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/JWNBSQQNKV/9232049631>
* <http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/IJDZSQQNKW/9232049631>

Thanks to months of work, the advocates of smarter military spending have
the hawks on the defensive. These negotiations for a deal on spending cuts
are *our best opportunity to move from chipping at the Pentagon budget to
hacking off a sizeable chunk. *

*Your representatives need to hear from you
now.*<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/BVNDSQQNKX/9232049631>

Thank you for taking action.

Rebecca Griffin
Political Director
Peace Action West

[1]
http://blog.peaceactionwest.org/2013/02/06/stacking-the-deck-in-favor-of-the-pentagon/

<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/ICLKSQQNKY/9232049631>

Peace Action West • 2201 Broadway, Ste 321 Oakland, CA 94612 • 800.949.9020

  » blog<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/JUSCSQQNKZ/9232049631>
 »
facebook<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/KKWKSQQNLA/9232049631>
» twitter<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/DKPPSQQNLB/9232049631>
» donate<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/utr/1/FVMMSQKYTP/BPKXSQQNLC/9232049631>
      If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click
here<http://capwiz.com/peaceactionwest/lmx/u/?jobid=221368877&queueid=9232049631>.

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director