[Peace-discuss] Robin Kelly: pay for Illinois transit by cutting the Pentagon

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sun Feb 10 22:32:52 UTC 2013

Robin Kelly is a candidate in the special election to replace Jesse
Jackson Jr. [IL-2, south Chicago and south suburbs.]

------------------

Q: It's going to take $1 billion to extend the Red Line to 130th
Street. Where are you going to get the money?

A: Well, I would support a transportation bill, and we need to look at
funding, let's say the Pentagon. The Pentagon says they don't need as
much money as Congress is trying to give them, and that money can
certainly go to other places. As far as closing loopholes in taxes, I
would look there as well.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Robin-Kelly-QA-187000381.html#ixzz2KWynZoIn

--
Robert Naiman