[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Marriage Equality Out of Committee in IL House - Call Now!

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Feb 27 15:41:01 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Scott Foval, People For the American Way <alerts at pfaw.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Subject: Marriage Equality Out of Committee in IL House - Call Now!

      A new message from your friends at People For the American Way.
VIEW AS WEB PAGE
<http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=2IxmoFqSk-BmNBPn2nfT5Q>  |  TELL
A FRIEND <http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=X-sGH-8nDeB0YIXp9XESiQ>  |
SUBSCRIBE <http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=-G2G0Eob7dqR2vu4l_ghvg>
<http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=5R8yOZPpC6bU-jYTm6t8Gw>

 [image: IL] <http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=nBFO6d4Ie-0nX50c0WyFJw>

Dear Robert,

The last time I touched base with you, the Illinois Senate was just about
to vote on IL SB 10, a bill that if enacted would bring full Marriage
Equality for all Illinois couples. Thanks to calls and emails from PFAW
members like you, on Valentine’s Day the Illinois Senate approved IL SB 10,
34-21 and*,** last night, the Illinois House Executive Committee passed it
6-5, setting the stage for a full House vote in the next few days!*

Your calls and emails continue to make a huge difference.

It’s time to hit the phones again and tell your Illinois State
Representative that you support full Marriage Equality for all Illinois
couples. *Please call now!*

Rep. Naomi Jakobsson (217) 558-1009

After you call, please take a moment to let us know how it went with our online
response form <http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=9-Ps1YlLfN9gEkqHXcshRg>.

Governor Pat Quinn has publicly stated that if both houses of the Illinois
Legislature approve SB 10 he will sign it into law.  When this happens,
Illinois will become the 9th state in the union to choose fairness and
equality over discrimination and fear.  *Will you join me and help make it
happen?*

Please pick up the phone and add your voice to the growing chorus demanding
Marriage Equality in the Land of Lincoln. Call Rep. Naomi D. Jakobsson now
to urge support of IL SB 10.

Rep. Naomi Jakobsson (217) 558-1009

PFAW’s team will keep track of how we’re doing, and let you know what kind
of impact you had on the vote.

*Now is the time to make this happen.*

Thanks in advance for staying actively engaged in this important fight for
fairness, and for all you do!

Sincerely,
Scott Foval, Regional Coordinator

P.S. If for some reason your state senator did not show up above, you can
get connected via the IL State Capitol Switchboard: (217) 782-2000.
Twitter<http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=MJ5lX1eFlvLYkbw8Vtn5LQ>
|  <http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=PtqeLeXk-M8Y36iSGzhl_A>
YouTube<http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=S1gVXaPeuf_-UADKnfi13A>

Do not reply directly to this e-mail. Please use pfaw at pfaw.org.

1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005-5002, 202-467-4999
      [image: Powered by
Convio]<http://site.pfaw.org/site/R?i=BJ_vgGSt2lp-QG06h0nOSg>

--
Robert Naiman