[Peace-discuss] Support the Balancing Act! -- 2/27: Pull the Pork and More from the Pentagon Budget!

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 20:13:22 UTC 2013

There Is An Alternative to sequestration (with austerity) vs. a grand
bargain between the main lines of the established parties (also with
austerity).

*Call your senators and congressperson and urge them to support **The
Balancing Act -?? H.R. 505
<http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zdKN%2BLv4c79Nxot6Vki2VkO8vFbib64%2F>
*-?? introduced by the Congressional Progressive Caucus.  It avoids cuts
to essential social programs, calls on the most privileged to pay their
share and reduces Pentagon spending to fund job creation and rebuild the
economy.

Tell them that you want them to support The Balancing Act (HR 505) and
oppose both sequestration and austerity measures.*
**
*Tell them to stand with the majority who support substantial cuts to
the Pentagon budget to fund job creation, secure social safety net
programs, rebuild public infrastructure, protect the environment, and
make the super-rich and corporations pay their fair share of taxes.