[Peace-discuss] drones and the human cost of war

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:18:18 UTC 2013

> That's rather like asking if poison gas (in WWI) and Einsatzgruppen (in WWII) decreased the human cost of war (for Germans).

We saw a rather interesting astronomy film about Einstein in Germany
and another physicist in England as they collaborated on some
questions about gravity ... anyway, there is this fantastic scene
where a bunch of professors in Germany are observing the use of gas on
a container of pigeons. They are all commenting about how the use of
gas will save German lives. Einstein walks in and begins yelling,
"Have you all gone insane?"

(a very loose translation from the German and then paraphrased by me
because I can never remember the exact quote from a movie)