[Peace-discuss] Friday morning: #BabalFikra Emergency Response in defense of Palestinian resistance

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Tue Jan 22 16:19:16 UTC 2013

What do you think is going to happen in Palestine on Friday?

A reasonable guess is that Palestinians are going to establish a
village on Palestinian land to protest and block Israeli confiscation
of Palestinian land. It's happened the last two Fridays.

Could we all agree to prepare to do some #BabalFikra emergency
response? (I don't know what the village is going to be called.
"Fikra" is Palestinian colloquial Arabic for "idea.")

Here is a proposed plan. Add your own ideas and share.

1. Mark your calendar for Friday morning: "#BabalFikra response."
2. Add your own ideas to this email and share with all your
appropriate contacts.
3. On Friday morning, check email, Twitter for #BabalFikra news.
4. Forward and share the news on #BabalFikra.
5. Tweet the news to the New York Times, Nick Kristof, etc.
6. Execute any other #BabalFikra support plans you have prepared.

If folks want to do more than simply spread information, that would be
fantastic. But everyone could do something; everyone could spread
information.

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director