[Peace-discuss] NYT: "pro-life" Catholics called out overopposition to gun control

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sun Jan 27 15:29:05 UTC 2013

Here's the list of things that President Obama asked Congress to do:

----

Eliminate loopholes and require background checks for all gun sales

Reinstate the prohibition on high-capacity magazines

Renew and strengthen the ban on assault weapons

Create serious penalties for gun traffickers

Get armor-piercing bullets off the streets by prohibiting the
possession and transfer of this dangerous ammunition

Keep 15,000 cops on the street

Further research on gun violence

Help schools develop and implement comprehensive emergency management plans

Remove restrictions that require ATF to authorize importation of
dangerous weapons simply because of their age