[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Nuns on the Bus, please promote!

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 16:22:08 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ann Rasmus <ann at universityymca.org>
Date: Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Subject: Nuns on the Bus, please promote!
To: "presbyrev at mac.com \"dcamp at wesleypantry.org\"" <dcamp at wesleypantry.org>,
"Szoke, Claire O" <cszoke at illinois.edu>, Keith Harris <presbyrev at me.com>,
Rachel Storm <rachelstrm at gmail.com>, Nancy Dietrich <nancydietrich at juno.com>
Cc: Mike Doyle <mike at universityymca.org>, Megan Flowers <
megan at universityymca.org>, "Wantland, Ross A" <wantland at illinois.edu>

Dear Friday Forum team,

Here's the blurb for *Nuns on the Bus*.  Please, please take a few minutes
to look at your address book and find some folks to forward it to
personally.  Duplication is good!

Megan has done an excellent job in getting the word out with press release,
etc. but as we know personal invitations go a long way.

Thanks very much.  I'm excited to get this series going!

Ann

Friday Forum | Spring 2013 | *Faith in Action*

* [image: Nuns on the Bus Tour
Image]<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001g1Jd3hnTYso5kU8iMEzp4MSGmdoQk2A5I8eC8ZAec5Zt8Rye3XjM2TYYxRYIqjV4HcyoSjjQMms-kNTpKuCSU_Gu2Yn8Tf90U2qJfAwGFrYbFZycbr-qC0FGD_bubxLX5VfgjBsEOYY=>
*

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

*February 8 | Nuns on the Bus | Latzer Hall | University YMCA | 12 noon   *

Catholic Sisters, Missioned to Stand with People in Need for Economic
Justice

Inspired by the national "Nuns on the Bus" tour organized by NETWORK, A
National Catholic Social Justice Lobby, Sister Mary Ellen Lacy will
highlight the work Catholic Sisters do to meet the needs of people at the
economic margins, revealing how federal budget cuts proposed by Rep. Paul
Ryan (R-WI) and passed by the House of Representatives will hurt struggling
families in our communities.

"Nuns on the Bus" is a part of he Spring 2013 Friday Forum Series* Faith in
Action*, featuring speakers from across the spectrum of faith traditions
who are compelled by their faith to engage in bold and creative forms of
action. All lectures are free and open to the public.  Lunch is available
at the Y Eatery for $6.50/3.00 student (The Y Eatery now accepts credit and
debit cards).*   *

For more information, please visit our website:

*
www.universityymca.org/friday_forum
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001g1Jd3hnTYsquUErim3DX4dxGem5nYcoSjdf1YntCsPjcCLm59Q5tZm0z0KtqZH7FpneLqRd7jkVBWcYYgUd6dwrzysJHafy2cPb3slmLcqPTbg4FKuZxIlbISVn4t9vAnuuHt8vJgWA=>

*
*Friday Forum is sponsored by the University YMCA, Channing-Murray
Foundation, The Chapel of Saint John the Divine Episcopal Church, First
Mennonite Church, McKinley Presbyterian Church and Foundation, Saint
Matthew Lutheran Church, Wesley United Methodist Church, Wesley Foundation
at the University of Illinois, UIUC Hillel/Cohen Center, Office of
Inclusion and Intercultural Relations, Interfaith in Action (RSO), Paid for
by SORF. *

--
Ann Rasmus
Program Director