[Peace-discuss] Interview w Baraa Shiban @ Truthout: Yemen's "Schoolhouse Rock" vs. the "War on Terror"

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Jul 1 13:04:52 UTC 2013

>From June 9 to June 18, I visited Yemen as part of a peace delegation
organized by Code Pink, seeking to learn about the impact of U.S. drone
strike policy in Yemen. We met with Baraa Shiban, who works for the British
human rights group Reprieve, and who told us about a proposal in Yemen's
National Dialogue Conference – Yemen's Constitutional Convention, as it
were – to prohibit drone strikes in the country. This proposal may be voted
on in the next few days. Baraa says he is confident that it will be
approved. On Tuesday, June 25, I conducted the following interview with
Baraa via Skype. I have edited the interview very slightly for readability.

Yemen's "Schoolhouse Rock" vs. the "War on Terror": A Conversation With
Baraa Shiban
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/17291-yemens-schoolhouse-rock-vs-the-war-on-terror-a-conversation-with-baraa-shiban

--
Robert Naiman