[Peace-discuss] [Peace] impt: urge Rep. Davis sign Price/Dent letter, Iran diplomacy opening on Iranian election

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 11 16:53:09 UTC 2013

Probably responsible for an outbreak of leprosy in the Dale-Olga-Akin triangle.

It was pointed out at last week's meeting that AWAREists are job-creators: were it not for AWARE,
our provincial FBI office would have little to report about how they're keeping potential terrorists under surveillance.
Thanks to us, they seemed to have been able to relocate from their former grungy offices in the old train station to more salubrious quarters.
This, like so much else, has to be attributed to Obama's job stimulus program. Now they're able to expand into libraries & complement the NSA.

Several years ago, teaching sociological classics (Durkheim, Marx, Weber) at the local university, I asked my students (anonymously, in writing)
Why are you taking this course? Answer: a sociology major will get me a job (otherwise, they said, they'd be taking art or music.)
Q: what sort of job do you want? A: (top of the list) FBI agent.

An eternal verity: to get a good job, get a good education.
For we know that unemployment results from inadequate skills amongst the unemployed:
<http://www.voanews.com/content/report-shows-skills-gap-boosts-unemployment/1695297.html>.