[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] Save books, because you can't save kids from Obama?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 03:00:33 UTC 2013

> I had in mind the gospel according to Matthew 23:24:
> "You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel!"

I always wondered what that meant, but the library got rid of all the
Bible interpretations, so I guess I will never know.

Does it refer to drinking water? Or do I remember something about it
possibly referring to a gate to a city?

23Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you pay tithe of
mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of
the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought you to have done, and
not to leave the other undone. 24You blind guides, which strain at a
gnat, and swallow a camel. 25Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees,
hypocrites! for you make clean the outside of the cup and of the
platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. …