[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Organize!

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 14 18:07:26 UTC 2013

The defence attorney was very good, with his use of "intent to kill" during that time on the sidewalk. Even the best of juries aren't mind readers. Actions/behavior are a good sign of "intent", once argued in another similar case in 1965 and 1943. Also," intent" is not usually brought into a 2nd degree murder trial, its only of importance in a 1st degree trial, though I don't know the circumstances or laws of Florida as different states have........ The prosecutors did a poor job, deviating from the evidence in the last week of the trial, according to some attorneys, which leads to speculation related to their "intent." This will likely be a civil trial eventually going to the Justice Dept. as a "hate crime". This will of course give the media much to spend time on distracting us all from Bradley Mannings trial, drone killings overseas, dirty wars, and the loss of our 4th amendment rights,  which is of great importance to this nation, just as is justice for Trayvon Martin.
I'm not about persecuting Zimmerman or looking for blood, playing the blame game is of little value, but this case represents the fear of others and racism that is perpetuated in our society by government and the 1% who benefit from keeping the public distracted and disunited.