[Peace-discuss] Organize!

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 16 17:40:21 UTC 2013

The question was whether modern capitalism (neoliberalism) promotes racism and discrimination.

It undoubtedly once did: e.g., unions in the Virginia of my boyhood were retarded by encouraging animosities between black and white workers.

But it's harder to make labor a scarce commodity [...] when the pool is expanded, whether by women or non-whites.

Capitalism is served by equal-opportunity exploitation. --CGE