[Peace-discuss] Organize!

Laurie Solomon ls1000 at live.com
Tue Jul 16 20:01:18 UTC 2013

The victor in this case was the defendant.  Only the victor is the defendant
and on trial; the victim is not formally or officially on trial despite any
attempts to bring in the victims biographical history or actions.  Martin
did not win the battle; he is not on trial to be found guilty or not guilty.
Nor is Martin  the entity being represented by the prosecution; it is the
State that the prosecutor represents in the trial.

Remember we are talking in the context of the legal system and the trial,
not in terms of social/cultural/or ethical terms.  To confound the
referents, not only results in confusion concerning the meaning of terms
being used but is an entirely different topic of discussion wherein both
this trial and most of the points being entertained are not very relevant
since they only have significance within the legal system.