[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] CGE and his rhetoric

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Mon Jul 22 20:09:56 UTC 2013

Here's the text of the 'rhetoric' to which Paul refers. It still seems to me to have, as Henry Kissinger said, "the added benefit of being true."

I meant to make the point that the News-Gazette, not untypically, was choking on a gnat and swallowing a camel - rather like those who hesitate to admit that President Obama is a global George Zimmerman.

--CGE

=========================
To the editor of the News-Gazette:

The News-Gazette editorialized on a “shooting spree last weekend in north
Champaign.” The remarks should also be applied to the larger shooting
spree that our community is participating in, through our elected
representatives. It, too, has “sparked cries of outrage among community
leaders and calls for a cessation of the violence.”

“If it was only that easy to put an end to the mindless mayhem that
drives [our president] to open fire" and kill 5,000 people to date
(including 200 children) with drones. He’s killed even more —
overwhelmingly civilians — with his 25,000 member executive army, the
Joint Special Operations Command,  which claims to be active in 120
countries.

Two-thirds of Americans think the president should bring American troops
home from the Greater Middle East. They know that these wars profit only
the American economic elite, via oil and “defense” industries; for the
vast majority of Americans they are a huge financial burden.

“The problem is that when the decent people — the hard-working citizens
who play by the rules — speak, the indecent do not listen.” For a decade,
Americans have voted against war when they’ve had the chance, notably in
presidential elections. “Intent on pursuing their narrow agendas of the
moment, this criminal element [i.e., the US executive] does not hear what’s
being said, let alone pay heed to the repercussions of their lawless
acts.” The indecent Obama administration is killing civilians and creating
terrorists - while claiming that it is protecting civilians from terrorists.

C. G. ESTABROOK
Champaign
========