[Peace-discuss] Re go ahead delete! CGE and his rhetoric

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Tue Jul 23 20:32:22 UTC 2013

> a subtle language that some on the list can't comprehend. . . .

etenim si incertam vocem det tuba quis parabit se ad bellum
ita et vos per linguam nisi manifestum sermonem dederitis
quomodo scietur id quod dicitur eritis enim in aera loquentes

if the voice of the trumpet is uncertain,
then who is called forth for battle?
If you don't you use plain speech how
shall others know what you are saying?
Your words just go into empty air.

Another Paul neither Ron nor Mueth makes it fairly clear (cf. I Cor 14)
that words in an unknown tongue could certainly be quite
appropriate for expressing your private devotions but
in public communications it is far better to
speak with the understanding not with the spirit.

It is true that a "message in tongues" followed by the interpretation
can be a highly effective authorization of the message,
particularly for unbelievers, in an appropriate setting.

Accomplishing that that on
this mailing list is a technical challenge
a bit beyond the scope of the iPhone 3gs
(it doesn't chat, for one thing...).

You sublet no summation of your subtleties,
neither can readers knee-deep in the nuisance
readily resolve your nuance.

Perhaps you may not care for us
to know what it is you
are trying to say, Paul.