[Peace-discuss] Rodney Davis voted yes on the Amash-Conyers amendment

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 25 02:04:23 UTC 2013

And if David Gill were our Congressman, he would have voted no (i.e., with the Obama administration).

I have little doubt that both of the Democrats who want to run against Davis next year - the organization candidate, Callis, and the 'outsider,' Gollin - would also have voted with the administration. I also doubt either will answer if asked, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Perhaps sufficient pressure on Davis can turn him into a secure anti-war vote, like his predecessor. But I doubt that, too.

--CGE