[Peace-discuss] We need your support! Food & Music for a Good Cause Sat 6/8 6pm at the IMC

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 03:34:56 UTC 2013

Dear friends,

Help send some local Urbana-area folks and myself to the Allied Media
Conference in Detroit in only a few weeks. We are presenting, learning
about media justice, and bringing back what we learn to CU.

I am presenting a zine-making session for youth called City Dreams! which
we hope will help them identify healthy communities and how to build
healthy cities. Additionally,
Urbana IMC is leading a session on organizing against the New Jim Crow and
participating in a gathering of 50 organizations across the country working
on decarceration.*
 We need to raise $2000 to cover gas and housing for 14 delegates.*

*
Eat Good Food for a Good Cause: Support Media Justice
Sat, June 8th from 6-8pm.
Spanish and Caribbean inspired dinner and music.
$15 - 25 per person sliding scale. *

Urbana IMC 202 S. Broadway Ave in Urbana.
Wine and raffle tickets available for an additional donation.

*
Please RSVP on Facebook or to chyn at ucimc.org so we know how many to cook
for!*

*
You may also make a tax deductible donation online to the UCIMC to support
the delegation. Or make checks out to UCIMC/AMC 2013 and mail to UCIMC 202
S. Broadway Ave. Urbana, IL 61801.*

Warmly,
Rachel