[Peace-discuss] 7pm Wednesday Urbana Library board meeting -- Fwd: Update about 'The Administration of the Urbana Free Library: Hold a public forum and make Lissak explain her decisions.' on Change.org

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 19:55:53 UTC 2013

You may have heard about a recent massive culling of non-fiction books
from the Urbana Free Library, apparently under the direction of the
library's director, and over the objections of staff who were able to
object.  It's been written up in Smile Politely (see link below) and in
the News-Gazette, and elsewhere.  It's caused quite a stir - and it's
encouraging that people are taking the fate of their library so seriously.

The Urbana Free Library board is holding a special public meeting, this
Wednesday, 6/19, at 7pm.   See below.