[Peace-discuss] Death of Michael Hastings

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Thu Jun 20 17:29:55 UTC 2013

Suppose Russia or China had spy agencies and military divisions whose world-wide assassinations (by drone or death-squad) had killed thousands of of people, and were on-going and well-known (like the CIA and JSOC under the Obama administration)?

So far as I know, that's not the case in Russia or China, although there were at least two relatively recent cases in London in which assassinations (of Russian rogue agents) were ascribed to the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB), successor to the KGB.

But under that supposition, wouldn't the sudden death of a leading Russian or Chinese journalistic critic of those agencies seem suspicious?

--CGE