[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] [sf-core] New bishop of Rome...

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 15 01:16:31 UTC 2013

Frnkln Ridgway shared Public Transportation's photo.

Apparently the photos of Bergoglio with Videla were not actually of Bergoglio. So, instead, here's a photo of Bergoglio riding the Subte.

And the Guardian withdrew today its most serious charge of collaboration with the dictatorship by Bergoglio, contained in Hugh O'Shaughnessy's column for 4 January 2011:

"This article was amended on 14 March 2013. The original article, published in 2011, wrongly suggested that Argentinian journalist Horacio Verbitsky claimed that Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio connived with the Argentinian navy to hide political prisoners on an island called El Silencio during an inspection by human rights monitors. Although Verbitsky makes other allegations about Bergoglio's complicity in human rights abuses, he does not make this claim. The original article also wrongly described El Silencio as Bergoglio's 'holiday home'. This has been corrected."