[Peace-discuss] [sftalk] [sf-core] More dead children on Obama's watch

David Gehrig david-cu at nukulele.org
Thu Mar 28 22:40:44 UTC 2013

What Mike's trying to say is that not even Jeremiah was on an endless jeremiad.
Or, as Carlyle's non-existent Herr Teufelsdröckh apostrophized Voltaire: "Only a torch for burning, no hammer for building? Take our thanks, then, and -- thyself away."
I have to admit that at this point you're reminding me of the former leader of the unmourned San Francisco IMC, a would-be messiah who claimed to represent the "global justice movement." This global justice movement he invoked always agreed with him on every single point - and thus when he spoke he claimed to speak in the name of the entire planet. And anyone who disagreed with him he characterized as "working against the global justice movement" and therefore against the entire planet.
It soon became clear that the global justice movement was a mouse that lived exclusively in his, and only his, pocket, having appointed him alone as spokesman.
I see you have a mouse too, Carl, and it's called "the left."
@%<