[Peace-discuss] Fw: MASSMAIL - Research University in the World of the Future

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 29 13:11:34 UTC 2013

Our future: military-industrialism

>Research University in the World of the Future | Enewsletter | Illinois

 lecture will be held April 2 at 4:00 p.m. in the Beckman Institute Auditorium, 405 North Matthews Avenue.

>Mr. Augustine will discuss the idea that universities have to reconfigure themselves to meet the challenges of the 21st century. He believes universities have to become more introspective and aware that their ultimate mission is to serve the public good. "Education
 investment goes hand in hand with having a strong economy and universities are the key to making the nation more competitive."

>"The Research University in the World of the Future" series is designed to give the campus community a multifaceted look at how higher education is adjusting to address society's changing needs. As we envision our campus 20 to 50 years into the future, we are
 exploring how to best position the university for continued relevance and impact.