[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [GazaArkUS] Here is Gaza's Ark

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri May 31 20:25:48 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Robert Naiman <naiman at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Subject: Fwd: [GazaArkUS] Here is Gaza's Ark
To: ufpj-activist <ufpj-activist at lists.mayfirst.org>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: GazaArkUS on behalf of lotayef <gazaarkus at googlegroups.com>
Date: Fri, May 31, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Subject: [GazaArkUS] Here is Gaza's Ark
To: gazaark at lists.riseup.net

  <http://www.gazaark.org/translation/>
<http://www.gazaark.org/translation/>*Français - Español - Italiano -
Português - Deutsch - Dansk - Svenska - Norsk - ελληνικά - العربية - עברית
: <http://www.gazaark.org/translation/>
**http://www.gazaark.org/translation/* *

 See Gaza's Ark*

Dear Friends,

On the 3rd commemoration of Israel's lawless and brutal attack on the
Freedom Flotilla in 2010, Gaza's Ark and the Freedom Flotilla Coalition
have not and will not give up efforts to challenge and end the illegal
Israeli blockade of Gaza.

This is a photo of the fishing trawler, ad-Dahoul, that we recently
purchased from Palestinian fishers.  We have now started to transform it
into Gaza's Ark - a cargo vessel to export Palestinian products from the
port of Gaza, Palestine.

Due to the unprofitable nature of the fishing industry in Gaza under the
blockade, the boats available to purchase were all quite run down as a
result of lack of maintenance.  This is a consequence of the meager profits
of fishing within the 3 mile Israeli imposed limit and the risk of boats
being attacked and stolen by the Israeli Navy.

Despite this, ad-Dahoul, from now on: Gaza's Ark, is of sound body and
engine.  We witnessed the boat salvaging a fully submerged 12 meter long
fishing boat from the harbor.

 Follow our website (www.gazaark.org) over the coming weeks for updates and
step by step progress as we convert and prepare Gaza's Ark for sailing.

* Please remember that this progress will only be possible with your
generous donations: **www.gazaark.org/donate*

Gaza's Ark not only challenges the blockade, it helps empower the
Palestinian people, encourages export and productivity and actively
supports the marine industry in Gaza.  For more details visit
www.gazaark.org

* Together we can make it happen.*

In solidarity,
*Gaza's Ark Steering Committee*