[Peace-discuss] Electioneering / if not "here" then where?

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 22:31:50 UTC 2013

Note that it was low middle management. Upper management wasn't
present. The co-op, from time to time, forgets to train people on
everything -- or assumes because of their education and connections
that they know better.

Frankly, I was completely amazed that this particular person did not
know. Plus he may have had pressure from somewhere (like a customer
complaint) that he wasn't thinking correctly.

-karen medina

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Karen Aram <karenaram at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Karen
>
> You did as I knew you would supporting free speech no matter who is
> speaking. I'm sorry your Supervisor was angry with you for doing the right
> thing, and supporting our democratic rights. Maybe its time we start handing
> out copies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights at our table and protests?
>
> To be frank I had hoped better of Coop Management, my reason for joining, to
> support local owned businesses. However, when they begin behaving as if
> "corporations", I am given pause.
>
>> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:23:17 -0600
>> From: kmedina67 at gmail.com
>> To: peace-discuss at anti-war.net
>
>> Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Electioneering / if not "here" then where?
>>
>> A few days ago, I was AGAIN asked by a superior (Keith McKenney this
>> time) to go out and ask a petitioner to move along.
>>
>> She (the petitioner) was already standing on the public sidewalk and
>> she was not blocking the path. She and I reviewed her rights and she
>> stayed.
>>
>> My superior was quite angry with me. I reviewed the petitioner's
>> rights with him but I don't think he was listening.
>>
>> It was cold outside, so she only stayed about 15 minutes more.
>>
>> I disagreed with her choice of candidate, but the petition was just to
>> get the person on the ballot for the primary.
>>
>> As a staff member on the clock, I should not sign the petition even if
>> I agree with it.
>>
>> But defend her rights, on the clock or off, YES.
>>
>> Honestly, the Business where people come to petition should be honored
>> by having petitioners. It means we are a vital spot close to the
>> center of community life.
>>
>> -karen medina

-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain