[Peace-discuss] Gaza's Ark: for Gaza's kids: Join the mini-Ark Twitter campaign

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Nov 29 21:48:10 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gaza's Ark <info at gazaark.org>
Date: Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Subject: [GazaArk] for Gaza's kids: Join the mini-Ark Twitter campaign
To: Gaza's Ark <gazaark at lists.riseup.net>

 *Français - Español - Italiano - Português - Deutsch - Dansk - Svenska -
Norsk - ελληνικά - العربية - עברית  : <http://www.gazaark.org/translation/>*
* http://www.gazaark.org/translation/
<http://www.gazaark.org/translation/> *

* for Gaza kids: Join the mini-Ark Twitter campaign*

*help us NOW to spread the word on Saturday!*

**Please share widely**

* Thank you to the hundreds who sponsored almost 200 kids' mini-Arks in
Gaza!*

We are preparing today for our mini-Arks action Saturday in Gaza, involving
hundreds of children protesting the blockade by releasing “mini-Arks” into
the sea at the port of Gaza.

You can find more details of this action here:
http://www.gazaark.org/2013/11/17/help-the-children-of-gaza-sail-to-freedom-on-nov-30th/
and also on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/172344456298624.

As part of our action, we are* launching a Twitter campaign on Saturday*,
November 30 at 4pm Gaza Time corresponding to the following time
zones:  3pm Central European Time = 2pm in the UK = 9am East
coast North America = 6am West Coast North America = 1am (Dec 1) in Sydney.
With a few clicks, you can help bring attention to the children of Gaza and
help their call for freedom reach the world.

If you are on Twitter or Facebook, we have an exciting action for you to
participate in, to help people who might not be online on time Saturday
participate in this Twitter campaign, we are using a tool called
*Thunderclap*, which will automatically tweet on your behalf at 4pm Gaza
time -- *see below. *

You can also support the campaign through your Facebook page or the Gaza's
Ark FB event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/172344456298624 after
the designated time.

*Please sign-up now*, distribute our message to your network of online
activists and urge them to participate but please do NOT use the hashtag
before the designated time (which also means, do NOT use the tweet option
to spread the word about the campaign at the end of the Thunderclap
sign-on).

Thank you!
*Gaza's Ark Steering Committee *

* Thunderclap & Tweeting Instructions*

Here's what we are asking you do:

1. Follow this link to join the Thunderclap [Thunderclap does not keep
access to your Twitter data beyond the one tweet at the designated time] :
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/6986-gaza-kids-sail-against-siege?locale=en

Here's the tweet you will see:
"I support the hundreds of #GazaKids launching mini arks into the sea today
to challenge the Israeli blockade"

2. Click on the button to support via Twitter, and Thunderclap will
automatically send a tweet through your account at the designated time of
9am EST (not before). We need a minimum of 100 people to join. That is why
it’s crucial that you join.
* Please do not click the tweet option to spread the word about the
campaign at the end of the sign-on process

3. On or immediately after the times above, please help us trend by joining
us on Twitter with your personal tweets and the assigned hashtag
(#GazaKids). This would be the perfect time to spread photos, video, and
press from the Gaza event or tweet photos from your own mini ark event.

We want to try to make the mini ark campaign trend on Twitter. The
Thunderclap will provide the initial spurt of activity to grab the Twitter
algorithm's attention. But to trend, we need many people to keep activity
on the hashtag going. If you can be on Twitter at the designated time, you
can help us make the mini ark campaign trend!

IMPORTANT: Re-tweets do not count for trending. If you see a tweet you
like, we recommend you copy and paste the tweet (and the hashtag). We have
a webpage with tweet and photo resources that you can use; please visit it
at http://tinyurl.com/lg9ql3k. It will be accessible a few hours before the
event time.
info at gazaark.org

----
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Gaza’s Ark
mailing list.
To unsubscribe from this list please send e-mail to: