[Peace-discuss] Hedges vision of what's needed

Brussel Morton K. mkb3 at mac.com
Tue Oct 1 04:13:10 UTC 2013

Worth thinking about, from the impassioned Chris Hedges:

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_sparks_of_rebellion_20130930

A tiny excerpt:

…The state, in its internal projections, has a vision of the future that is as dystopian as mine. But the state, to protect itself, lies. Politicians, corporations, the public relations industry, the entertainment industry and our ridiculous television pundits speak as if we can continue to build a society based on limitless growth, profligate consumption and fossil fuel. They feed the collective mania for hope at the expense of truth. Their public vision is self-delusional, a form of collective psychosis. The corporate state, meanwhile, is preparing privately for the world it knows is actually coming. It is cementing into place a police state, one that includes the complete evisceration of our most basic civil liberties and the militarization of the internal security apparatus, as well as wholesale surveillance of the citizenry.…

--mkb