[Peace-discuss] Hedges vision of what's needed

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 2 00:39:57 UTC 2013

Thats true, but god love him, he along with Chomsky never give up hope. 😊

Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 07:31:32 +0800
From: ewj at pigsqq.org
To: karenaram at hotmail.com
CC: mkb3 at mac.com; peace-discuss at anti-war.net
Subject: Re: [Peace-discuss] Hedges vision of what's needed

Hedges as an intellectual believes that the US is a

nation of intellectuals.  It is not.

On 10/02/13 0:29, Karen Aram wrote:

  I read the whole article, brilliant.

  From: mkb3 at mac.com

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 23:13:10 -0500

To: peace-discuss at anti-war.net

Subject: [Peace-discuss] Hedges vision of what's needed

Worth thinking about, from the impassioned Chris Hedges:

  http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the_sparks_of_rebellion_20130930

  A tiny excerpt:

  …The
state, in its internal projections, has a vision of the future that is
as dystopian as mine. But the state, to protect itself, lies.
Politicians, corporations, the public relations industry, the
entertainment industry and our ridiculous television pundits speak as
if we can continue to build a society based on limitless growth,
profligate consumption and fossil fuel. They feed the collective mania
for hope at the expense of truth. Their public vision is
self-delusional, a form of collective psychosis. The corporate state,
meanwhile, is preparing privately for the world it knows is actually
coming. It is cementing into place a police state, one that includes
the complete evisceration of our most basic civil liberties and the
militarization of the internal security apparatus, as well as wholesale
surveillance of the citizenry.…

  --mkb