[Peace-discuss] Fw: Possible Issue With Your June Donation

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 22:00:50 UTC 2013

This applies to me, and maybe to some of you as well, as I've been forwarding info about the Manning Defense Fund for several months.

On , Jenifer Cartwright <jencart13 at yahoo.com> wrote:

On Friday, October 4, 2013 5:06 PM, Private Manning Support Network <contact-bmsn at bradleymanning.org> wrote:

Hello,
We appreciate it when supporters take the step to contribute to Pvt Manning's defense fund. And we take our role as fundraisers and stewards of these donations seriously.  That's why we think it is important to let you know about an unfortunate incident
 that may have affected donations made by some of our supporters from June 4-26.

You may have noticed that a donation you made by check earlier this summer was never cashed. We can explain: On or about June 26, one of our routine deposits was lost and damaged while in transit. The postal service was unable to salvage the package or its contents.
While we received and processed your check here at our office between June 11-25, due to this mailing issue the check was never cashed.

We are currently working with the bank and our fiscal sponsor to ensure best practices are followed to preserve your confidentiality and security. We are also in the processing of confirming which individual checks were affected by this problem.

If we confirm that your donation was affected, we will be contacting you in the next week or so to let you know. We hope, if that's the case, you'll consider making a donation to cover the check that was lost. We
 understand this is a pesky inconvenience, and we do sincerely appreciate your understanding in this uncommon incident. This is the first problem of this sort we have ever encountered... I guess there really is a first for everything. Luckily, we're confident this will also be the last.

Please feel free to contact me if you have specific concerns or questions.

Thank you for your patience and your support.

Regards,
Michael McKee
office manager
Courage to Resist