[Peace-discuss] Pres. Obama: Tap Sen. Ron Wyden to Head the NSA

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sun Oct 20 00:27:49 UTC 2013

Did you know that since the NSA was founded in 1952, it's never been headed
by a civilian?

"But Binney said he would like to see the agency's management handed over
to a civilian. Since its founding in 1952, the NSA, part of the Department
of Defense, has always had a military leader."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/17/keith-alexander-nsa-whistle-blowers_n_4118294.html

--
Robert Naiman
Policy Director