[Peace-discuss] Inequality for All

Szoke, Ronald Duane r-szoke at illinois.edu
Fri Oct 25 15:29:58 UTC 2013

Inequality For All
This acclaimed new film follows Robert Reich as he battles increasing wealth inequality in the United States.

Part of DANGEROUS DOCS 3 at the Art Theater, Champaign

Directed by Jacob Kornbluth

PG, 95 minutes
Fri, Oct 25 at 5:00pm
Sat, Oct 26 at 7:00pm
Sun, Oct 27 at 2:30pm
Thu, Oct 31 at 2:30pm
Post-show panel after Saturday’s 7:00PM show
Panel: Patricia Simpson, Central IL Jobs with Justice, UIUC Labor Studies Program; Aaron Ammons, SEIU; economist Michael Brun, ISU/Illinois Wesleyan University; facilitated by Danielle Chynoweth, UC Independent Media Cente

INEQUALITY FOR ALL examines the crisis of widening income inequality in the US through the eyes and the influential work of Robert Reich. Winner of the Documentary Special Jury Prize at Sundance, where that jury said “With clarity, humor and heart, this timely film reveals the underpinnings of an urgent threat to American democracy.”

At the heart of the film is a simple proposition: what is a good society, and what role does the widening income gap play in the deterioration of our nation’s economic health? We are endeavoring for INEQUALITY FOR ALL to be a paradigm-shifting, eye-opening experience for the American public. We want to accurately show through a non-partisan perspective why extreme income inequality is such an important topic for our citizens today and for the future of America.

Robert Reich is a best-selling author of thirteen books, Chancellor’s Professor of Public Policy at UC Berkeley, former Secretary of Labor in the Clinton administration, and a foremost expert on economics.