[Peace-discuss] Oct 30th, 6pm: 5th & Hill Community Meeting at Presence Covenant Med Ctr

Stuart Levy salevy at illinois.edu
Sun Oct 27 03:37:36 UTC 2013

Meeting next Wednesday on a local issue involving race, poverty,
environmental justice and public health.   AWARE is invited to
co-sponsor if we wish - we can discuss at tomorrow's AWARE meeting
[details below].

*What:* community meeting on the 5th and Hill toxic site, called by CCHCC
*When:* 6pm Wednesday, Oct 30th
*Where:* Presence Covenant Medical Center, 1400 W Park St, Urbana - 1st
floor
       (used to be called Provena Covenant)

The 5th & Hill Neighborhood Rights Campaign is holding a special meeting
to update the community on the clean-up of the Ameren toxic site and the
contamination in the 5th & Hill neighborhood.

Refreshments provided, Free parking, Wheelchair Accessible

/Meeting topics include:/

  * Overview and history of the toxic site clean-up
  * Current environmental testing and what it shows
  * Residents' Concerns
  * Impact of toxic contamination on the community
  * Question & Answer

/Presenters//:/

  * Prof. Charles Werth, UIUC Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering
  * Serena Hou, Graduate student in Environmental Engineering
  * Residents of 5th and Hill

For questions or to RSVP:

Champaign County Health Care Consumers
44 East Main St. #208 Champaign, IL 61820
(217) 352-6533
cchcc at healthcareconsumers.org
http://healthcareconsumers.org/

What they ask of any group wishing to co-sponsor --

   Allow our organization's name to be included in the meeting publicity
   Publicize the meeting to our members (via flyers, email
announcements, etc.)
   Make a donation to help cover meeting costs ($25 - $300 depending on
size of organization)
   Commit to bringing 5 - 10 (or more!) people to the meeting