[Peace-discuss] moral high-ground / Not to mention Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

"E. Wayne Johnson 朱稳森" ewj at pigsqq.org
Tue Sep 3 22:19:31 UTC 2013

In 2001 I visited some farms and gave lectures in Hanoi on pig diseases.
One farm discovered an unexploded bomb about 6ft long about 3feet in
diameter
while digging a pond on the farm.  They defused it and rolled it up
alongside the main office
where they had it sort of on display.

We had dinner with the manager of the farm.
He had been a Viet Cong officer during the war.
Palmer Holden who was lecturing with me had been
in Vietnam in the Army.  Here we were, some former
enemies, sitting around sharing a fine home-cooked meal
and enjoying some excellent Vietnamese wine.

I perceive that this kind of activity is infinitely
better than making war.