[Peace-discuss] delegation to Rodney Davis' office re intervening in Syria?

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 07:41:16 UTC 2013

Some of us talked about trying to organize a delegation to Rodney Davis'
office to urge that he vote against US military authorization to act
against Syria.

I spoke with someone from Davis' Champaign office today, asking about
scheduling a time for a meeting.   He said that anyone is welcome to
come by (9-5 weekdays), though Davis has already left town for DC, and
there's no guarantee that the relevant staff person would be available
when we came.   It's a busy time, etc.

Davis has taken no public position yet, so they can listen but might not
be able to discuss much.

The local staffer was happy to take my comments on what we shouldn't do
and should do about Syria, and said he'd pass them along.    We can all
do that -- 217-403-4690.

Since we don't have a Rep. to impress personally, is there still a point
in having an in-person delegation?   Can it do more than make us feel
effective?